{ Login logot } Join! (free) FAQ FAQ Memberlist Search εύνοια - EUNOIA - A Fun Place To Be Forum Index

Bookmark and Share
εύνοια - EUNOIA - A Fun Place To Be Forum Index -> 'Prog Rock' -> Is Yes/Styx Tour in Trouble? Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Posted:
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Is Yes/Styx Tour in Trouble?
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:13 am  Reply with quote
uncle fester
Racist Hick and Tedious Twat

Rep: Add Comment
Show Comments

FLAGS

Ticket sales have been quite slow so far. The tour is still 2 months off but the ticket sales in the 1st week to 2 weeks of being on sale are quite poor and downright horrible at several venues.

Will this tour go the way of the More Drama Tour and the CTTE and Back tour?
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:55 am Reply with quote
Full Tilt Boogie
Site Admin

Show Comments

FLAGS

If this is accurate info, this is a pity - you'd have thought that with a new album to promote [We Can Catch a Cab from Here] that fans would be queueing up to see them play it live.

I've never cared for Styx, so what happens to them I'm not gonna lose sleep over.

You have a source for this news on poor ticket sales Steve?

I swear to tell the truth, the half-truth, and nothing like the truth - so help me Dog

My Blog: Cosmic Navel Lint

http://afunplacetobe.myfreeforum.org/index.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MYSPACE
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote
uncle fester

Show Comments

FLAGS

Full Tilt Boogie wrote:
If this is accurate info, this is a pity - you'd have thought that with a new album to promote [We Can Catch a Cab from Here] that fans would be queueing up to see them play it live.

I've never cared for Styx, so what happens to them I'm not gonna lose sleep over.

You have a source for this news on poor ticket sales Steve?

Yes, my source knows what the ticket sales are! The fact is they have been trotting the same show out now for 3 years. I saw it twice but no more with B.D.

If they stuck to the HOB venues every 1 1/2 years or so they would do OK. But now they are trying to move up to bigger venues. It is not going to work. Also, the new album should have been out at least 6 weeks before the tour. You do not want to tour promoting an album that is not out yet. At least not this band at this stage of their career.

My source tells me there are a few dates where tickets have been on sale now for almost 10 days or so and 100 to 150 tickets have been sold.

It is still 2 months before the tour but there clearly is no pent-up demand to see this. Plus the ticket prices are way to high.

I smell a Steve Howe visa issue! NO! They used that one already! How about an allergic reaction to the end of this tribute band!
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Full Tilt Boogie
Site Admin

Show Comments

FLAGS

Sorry, I meant a proper source, a verifiable source, not "my mate told me..." source.

I swear to tell the truth, the half-truth, and nothing like the truth - so help me Dog

My Blog: Cosmic Navel Lint

http://afunplacetobe.myfreeforum.org/index.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MYSPACE
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote
uncle fester

Show Comments

FLAGS

Full Tilt Boogie wrote:
Sorry, I meant a proper source, a verifiable source, not "my mate told me..." source.

My souce works at LiveNation. He knows the numbers!

The tour is in trouble!
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:20 pm Reply with quote
uncle fester

Show Comments

FLAGS

What the early ticket sales tell you is their base is balking on this one. They have seen this line-up now for 3 years and the basically same set-list ad nauseum.

Tickets are $100 or more and they are holding the best seats for the Meet and Greet buyers.

You have to have a screw loose in your head to fork over the money they want for good tickets to a tribute band show!

The Meet and Greet is not selling. For those who plan to travel long distances to see this and take their chances with non-refundable plane tickets I would go back and remember More Drama and the CTTE and Back tours. Do it at your own risk!

This line-up is close to its end with B.D. as the tribute singer!
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote
steve nardelli

Show Comments

FLAGS

uncle fester wrote:
What the early ticket sales tell you is their base is balking on this one. They have seen this line-up now for 3 years and the basically same set-list ad nauseum.

Tickets are $100 or more and they are holding the best seats for the Meet and Greet buyers.

You have to have a screw loose in your head to fork over the money they want for good tickets to a tribute band show!

The Meet and Greet is not selling. For those who plan to travel long distances to see this and take their chances with non-refundable plane tickets I would go back and remember More Drama and the CTTE and Back tours. Do it at your own risk!

This line-up is close to its end with B.D. as the tribute singer!

As someone who was actually involved in the More Drama Tour, I can see how they have overstepped the mark with this line-up and the size of venues, there are many parallels.    With Downes now on keyboards, that is the More Drama line-up of Yes musicians, for a start.   Most ticket sales are sold early, you know whether a tour will be successful or not in the first few days, and obviously this will not be.     I imagine the promoters are already doing everything possible to get it cancelled.

I'm not surprised if this turns out to be the outcome, they have taken the Yes fan base to the cleaners and back for 3 years now, no wonder it's had enough.

Steve Nardelli

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Earworm

Show Comments

FLAGS

"Styx and phoneys will break my boneys
but Yes does not excite me"

I've put a few live Altres tracks up on our Myspace page for free download.
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Chris Younger

Show Comments

FLAGS

I saw them play last year for free at a festival. I wouldn't pay to see it
no energy
looks like this is the end
recent Jon Anderson interview also indicates that he's not feeling healthy enough to tour as aggressively as "Yes" planned.
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:18 pm Reply with quote
uncle fester

Show Comments

FLAGS

Chris Younger wrote:
I saw them play last year for free at a festival. I wouldn't pay to see it
no energy
looks like this is the end
recent Jon Anderson interview also indicates that he's not feeling healthy enough to tour as aggressively as "Yes" planned.

Actually this Yes is touring only 4 to 5 weeks at a time. I believe Anderson could do this with no problem at this time.

Squire is the one that looks like he cannot go the distance anymore. When I saw them 1 1/2 months or so ago I was shocked at how out of shape he is. He could barely move and at the end of his Whitefish solo I thought he was going to pass out. Yes had to cancel part of a tour a couple years ago due to a Squire health issue.

Squire needs to go to a Doctor and get on a diet and work on his physical well being. He is going to have further problems if he does not start taking care of himself. No one likes to tell their hero something he does not want to hear though.

Is Yes/Styx Tour in Trouble?
  εύνοια - EUNOIA - A Fun Place To Be Forum Index -> 'Prog Rock'